What we track, and what we don't.
Data we track
Volument tracks following:
- Active time – the number of seconds a visitor actively spends on a page, and it's viewports
- Target market indicator —
utm_campaign query string parameter
- Search term —
utm_term query string parameter
- Path name of the current location such as “/about/.“
- Referring page where the visitor came from such as “google.com.“
- Browser information — for discovering leaky browsers (introduced later)
- Performance metrics – the number of milliseconds it took to load the page, and its assets (introduced later)
- Unique ID of the person on the hosting site.
The only sensitive data we collect from a person is a unique id on the hosting site. This id can be any value as long as it's unique. It doesn't have to be the actual user id.
We use this id for connecting clients to their devices and for measuring the viral coefficient.
Data we don't track
Volument does not track the following:
- Location, language, computer details, IP, or domain name
- Email, name, credit card, or phone number
Volument cannot leak sensitive information, because there is no such information stored on our databases. For example, we cannot slurp people's passwords to third parties, as MixPanel did. *